Sunday, January 22, 2017

#queer52 Master Post


So! I was really excited at the start of the year to see the #Queer52 Reading Challenge organized by YA Interrobang and The Gay YA. The idea is that you set out to read 12, 26, or 52 LGBTQ YA novels over the course of 2017. They handily provide a list of 52 recommendations, but invite you to count any LGBTQ YA novels that you read that aren't on the list, as well.

As I am trying to get this blog started, my added challenge to myself is to write a review of each book I read for #queer52 -- which means I'm not sure I'll hit the 52 book mark. I am a fast reader, but not a fast writer.

Here is my copy of the challenge list! Books with the bubble filled in are ones I've read since the challenge started; books crossed out are ones I'd read previously (and sometimes reread, and reread... hi, Ask the Passengers.) As I get my reviews written I will link them below.




Read For Challenge:

1. Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember - *** - review soon


2. The Chaos by Nalo Hopkinson - ***** - review soon - I love this book so much I can't even

3. As I Descended by Robin Talley - * - review soon

Read Prior to Challenge:

Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
Beautiful Music for Ugly Children by Kirstin Cronn-Mills
Far From You by Tess Sharpe
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
Proxy by Alex London
The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment